Brightly (formerly known as Brig-y-Don Children’s Charity) is a small, independent Jersey charity that provides support to children and young people from birth to 25 years who are living in care, leaving care, or who are suffering adversity and are in need. All money raised by Brightly either stays in Jersey for the benefit of Island residents or can be applied in cases where local children and young people have to be cared for off-island.
Our support is intended to create positive experiences and opportunities for children and young people with the aim of helping individuals move towards independence.
Our vision is for all care experienced children and young people living in Jersey to realise their full potential regardless of ability or background.
Gig-y-Don Music Event
The support we offer:-
Brightly offers wide-ranging support, including:
- Financial or material help for care leavers with:
- Independence e.g. driving lessons, household items
- Wellbeing e.g. doctor, dentist, optician appointments and gym membership
- Education / Further Education or employment e.g. educational courses, work clothing, laptop/computer and educational items such as a camera for a photography course
- Graduation grants
- Independent moving on grants (for care leavers up to the age of 25)
- Support for children of care leavers
- Residential welcome pack consisting of bed linen, towels, rug, pictures etc
- Memberships for leisure activities, e.g. aMaizin Adventure Park, Merton Aquadome
- 21st birthday gifts for care leavers
- Items or goods not provided by the States of Jersey as the Corporate Parent to children and young people in residential care (including those placed off-island)
- Christmas gifts or vouchers for young people in residential care and care leavers.
- We consider all requests on a case-by-case basis.
The charity does not support applications for goods or services that are included in grants or benefits which are readily available from the States of Jersey.
Our support makes a real difference to the life experiences of children and young people who are in need. There are also less obvious but equally important benefits that result from our work, such as greater social inclusion, financial independence, personal growth and development and less reliance on benefit systems.
Contact: Wendy Nerac, Fundraiser
Mailing Address: Larn-a-Lod, Rue du Coin, Grouville. JE3 9QR
T: 07797 856127