The Tower has direct beach access and makes a perfect base for exploring the majestic sweep of St Ouen’s Bay. Built in 1835 to defend Jersey’s coast against French attack, Lewis’s Tower is one of several fortifications built in St Ouen’s Bay at that time. Split over three levels, this granite tower provides basic coastal tower accommodation with electricity and lighting but is not connected to any other utilities. Public toilets (open 24 hours) are located close by.
Lewis's Tower sits in the rugged landscape of the dunes, close to a nature reserve.