The Jersey Child Care Trust, the Best Start Partnership and the Childcare and Early Years’ Service are delighted that ‘REAL on the Beach’ is back!
Making it REAL (Raising Early Achievement in Literacy) is an evidence-based programme that works with practitioners to support children’s early literacy and development. The programme helps practitioners to build parents’ knowledge and confidence so that they can help their children by creating a positive early home learning environment. This has proved to have a powerful impact on children’s outcomes and on family literacy practice Read more about REAL here: Making it REAL.
Please come and join us to celebrate all things REAL at our free event for children and families. Featuring:
- Naomi and Jamie Jones, the authors of The Odd Fish
- The Jersey Library book bike
– Author, Penny Byrne, who will be reading from her children’s books
– Jersey Child Care Trust with craft activities
– Childcare and Early Years’ Service with their ’50 Things to do before you are 5 in Jersey’ app
– Nicky Hay, author of Extraordinary Humans, a creative approach to art in Early Years
– Village Preschool will be running a The Tiger who Came to Tea café
– Activities from Busy Bees Jersey Leeward and Grouville School