Anita studied art at school obtaining various distinctions; studied watercolour privately in Winchester and after moving to Jersey she continued under the tutolage of David Henley.
She took up pottery painting in 1993 and won a gold award in the Jersey Eistedford in 1995.
Anita works primarily in watercolour with a focus on developing colour whilst trying to represent true form. Her choice of subjects gravitate towards florals and landscapes. She is interested in creating sweeping washes, and usually paints with a wet into wet style. The artist uses brushes and spray bottle of water to continue adding colours and shapes. The composition develops with layers of washes, whilst the use of spray keeps the edges soft creating varied effects.
- Jersey Hospice Christmas card and original painting
- Huggler Group Christmas card and postcard
- NatWest Jersey Christmas card
- Various private studies, e.g. houses, pets, vintage mini cooper, flowers and still life
- Animal WelfareTrust
Exhibited art with
- Studio 18, St. Helier.
- Solo exhibition, St Helier
- Harbour Gallery, St Aubin
I have always loved colour and try to depict this through my art work. Likewise, I am very keen on photography and I often use it as a base for my work. Jersey is a beautiful island and a fabulous canvas for ideas.