I am a watercolour, mixed media and acrylic painter who was born in Somalia and travelled extensively until settling in Jersey in 1991.
I am a member of ‘Genuine Jersey’ who celebrates the best of Jersey products and crafts.
Recently, I turned to painting on local slate and recycled wood which have become very popular especially as gifts. I use acrylic paint on slate to create original images and then glaze over them to prevent chipping of the paint. The slates are available framed or as hearts which are pre-fixed with cord to enable hanging. The wood pieces are sanded, cleaned, painted with acrylic paint and then glazed.
- Jersey Hospice Christmas card and original painting
- Huggler Group Christmas card and postcard
- NatWest Jersey Christmas card
- Various private studies, e.g. houses, pets, vintage mini cooper, flowers and still life
- Animal WelfareTrust
Exhibited art with
- Studio 18, St. Helier.
- Solo exhibition, St Helier
- Harbour Gallery, St Aubin
- Contessa gallery, Rome, Italy
- CCA Gallery International, St Helier
- ‘Galleria Arte Contesa, Rome’
I have always loved colour and try to depict this through my art work. Likewise, I am very keen on photography and I often use it as a base for my work. Jersey is a beautiful island and a fabulous canvas for ideas.
Email – [email protected]il.com
Mobile – 07797 755337
Instagram – anitaeastwoodart