Jersey Sea Salt are the first producers of solar salt in Jersey for 300 years and we are the most Southerly producers of solar salt in the British Isles. Made in the traditional artisan way with a contemporary twistOur process is simple, we rely on the ocean and tides. Jersey has one of the highest tidal ranges in the world, making the waters some of the cleanest in Europe. Jersey Sea Salt produces natural unrefined sea salt harvested ecologically from the pristine waters of the Channel Islands, dried without artificial heat and free from chemical additives. The only energy used to harvest our Sea Salt is that from the sun.Our production facilities are a stone throw away from Jersey’s most easterly bay, where the tidal surge is at its strongest. We harvest fresh sea water and collect it in our salt houses, where we let nature take its course. We then sort, sieve and pack the salt by hand.
Our natural sea salt is healthier than the refined salt available in the market. Here are the top ten benefits to using Jersey Sea Salt.
- Strong Immune System – Sea salt naturally helps you to build up a strong immune system so that you can fight off the cold virus, fevers and flu, allergies and other autoimmune disorders.
- Alkalizing – Sea salt is alkalizing to the body, as it has not been exposed to high heat and stripped of its minerals, nor does it have any harmful man-made ingredients added to it. Thus it can help you to prevent and reverse high levels of acids in the body, which in turn eliminates the risks for serious and life-threatening diseases.
- Weight Loss – Believe it or not, but sea salt can also help you in weight loss. It helps the body to create digestive juices so that the foods you eat are digested faster, and it helps to prevent buildup in the digestive tract, which eventually can lead to constipation and weight gain.
- Skin Conditions – A sea salt bath can help to relieve dry and itchy skin as well as serious conditions such as eczema and psoriasis. The bath naturally opens up the pores, improves circulation in the skin and hydrates the tissues so that your skin can heal.
- Asthma – Sea salt is effective in reducing inflammation in the respiratory system. Thus the production of phlegm is slowed down so that you can breathe easier again. Some say that sprinkling sea salt on the tongue after drinking a glass of water is just as effective as using an inhaler. But the great thing about sea salt is that it has no side effects when taken in moderation.
- Heart Health – When salt is taken with water it can help to reduce high cholesterol levels, high blood pressure and help to regulate an irregular heart beat. Thus sea salt can help to prevent atherosclerosis, heart attacks and strokes.
- Diabetes – Sea salt can help to reduce the need for insulin by helping to maintain proper sugar levels in the body. Thus the salt is an essential part of the diet if you are diabetic, or at risk for the disease.
- Osteoporosis – Just over 1/4 of the amount of salt that is in the body is stored in the bones, where it helps to keep them strong. When the body lacks salt and water it begins to draw the sodium from the bones, which then eventually can lead to osteoporosis. Thus by drinking plenty of water and consuming salt in moderation you can prevent osteoporosis.
- Muscle Spasms – Potassium is essential for helping the muscles to function properly. Sea salt not only contains small amounts of potassium, but it also helps the body to absorb it better from other foods. Thus it is effective in helping to prevent muscle pains, spasms and cramps.
- Depression – Sea salt also has shown to be effective in treating various types of depression. The salt helps to preserve two essential hormones in the body that help you to better deal with stress. These hormones are serotonin and melatonin, which help you to feel good, and relax and sleep better at night
Shop Jersey Sea SaltContact Details
Email; [email protected]