Visitors are able to walk through the peaceful and spiritual complex; enjoy the geology and archaeology museum’s collections of coin hoards, axes, swords, spears and even a rhinoceros skull; and explore the adjacent command bunker built during the German occupation of the Island. La Hougue Bie is featured on the 2010 issue Jersey £1 note.
TOP 5 THINGS TO DO AT LA HOUGUE BIE
1) Go inside Europe’s finest example of a Neolithic Passage Grave – one of the ten oldest buildings in the world
2) Explore the new Neolithic Longhouse, built by our volunteers
3) Take a free tour with one of our volunteer guides – (tours will start again in 2023)
4) Take some time to reflect at the Memorial to the Forced Workers
5) Discover ¼ million years of Island history in the Archaeology Museum